New Page 1
Trailer Winches With Strap
Dutton-Lainson trailer winches are
available in models from 600 lbs. capacity to 2500 lbs. Winches include
durable nylon webbing strap with heavy duty snap hook. Dutton-Lainson has
manufactured these winches to outperform and outlast any other winch on the
market. Features include;
- Laminated, high carbon steel gears for
- Gears are arc-welded and drive shaft
gears are copper brazed for durability.
- Rigid, welded reel construction for
- Freewheel when the ratchet is
- Load matched gear ratios for easier
- All plated parts are zinc plated
- Heavy duty steel handles with molded
grips. Quick attach handle is standard equipment on 2-speed models.
- Embossed, reinforced bases.
- All drive shafts have permanently
- 2-speed models have a drive shaft
system which allows for both high and low speed cranking from one side.
- Individual winch straps
- Base plates fit BIA standard mounting
hole pattern for easy installation.
- Made in U.S.A
*Red ratios indicate two speed winches.
Which Winch do you need?
Boat Weight To Winch Capacity Ratio
A commonly used ratio of boat size to winch capacity is 2 to 1. Example: a
2200 lb boat requires 1100 lb winch. There are, however, many factors to
consider in selecting the proper size winch which are beyond the control of
the winch manufacturer. For example, the ratio can sometimes be stretched to 3
to 1 when using a trailer equipped with good quality free-turning rollers
maintained in excellent condition and most commonly used on ramps where the
boat floats most of the way onto the trailer. The ratio should be reduced to
as much as 1 to 1 on trailers using wooden bunks with no self-alignment
capabilities, most frequently used on boat ramps requiring that the boat be
winched a long way onto the trailer. Note that pontoon boat trailers and other
special designs require special consideration to winch capacity selection.