New Page 1
for more Shimano reels
The Talica II has high speed and power,
compact design with excellent live bait castability. These high speed,
compact leverdrags, with powerful gears and drag curves were designed for
fly-lining live baits to or chunks into the chum line on Long Range Stand-Up
Tuna Boats, utilizing PowerPro with short top shots.
Fly-lining live baits. Catching big fish on small leverdrags.
Common sense says that this is an oxymoron. Star Drags are better casters by
nature. They have lighter spools because the drags are in the gears, not the
spool. Lever Drags tend to have more power in the drag system because their
washers are so much larger. With Talica 2-Speeds Shimano set out to break the
mold. They wanted to make a 2-Speed Leverdrag that could underhand a sardine 40
feet to the chum line with ease. We also wanted to increase the fishable drag
capabilities of a small diameter reel to fish with heavy PowerPro and short
Fluorocarbon top shots that anglers are using to land huge fish.
- Compact, High Speed, Castable Lever
Drag, with High Capacity
- E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme
- 2 year warranty with online
- One-Piece Cold Forged and Machined
Aluminum Frame with E.I.
- Machined Aluminum Handle-Side
Sideplate with E.I.
- Cold Forged Machined Aluminum Spool
- Lightweight Spool with Greaseless
Support Bearings for excellent live-bait castability
- Topless Design
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washers for
Ultra-High Drag Pressures
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse
- Ergonomic Power Handle
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Preset Knob with Click
- 2-Speed HEG (High Efficiency
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB Ball Bearings)
- Aluminum Rod Clamp
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono,
Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines